Specialty switchs

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by LucasRay, Nov 20, 2012.

1. LucasRay

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Has anybody heard of a DPDT line powered switch with a built in slide bar for volume control?

2. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  3. LucasRay

Nov 20, 2012
    Thanks for your quick reply; I suppose I was too vague in my description. I seek a light switch capable of affecting two circuits with a built in slide bar to adjust room speakers. I believe such a specific switch will have to be custom made. Again thanks for your post, it may aid me in my design.

4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    What do you mean by that?

There are numerous "in wall audio volume control" switches that fit into a single gang (slider or rotary).. Then just include your wall switches in another gang right next to it..

5. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Do you actually need a 'light switch' for operating lights also or are you just looking for something that slides up/down to control speaker volume only.

Do already have speakers, an amplifier etc.

6. LucasRay

Nov 20, 2012
    My brother was right. This is a nice site for informed feed back. I do appreciate those that took the time. I have not seen any volume control switches which are designed for a 2X3 inch electrical box at Home Depot (doesn't mean they don't have them I just have not come across them). I will check Best Buy or online. Ideally I was hoping the volume control was smaller and built into the light switch itself. I realize it's a long shot that’s why I inquired on this forum. You see I don't want the volume control to have such a presence on my wall. Just a tiny slide bar one would use if they had a phone call or wanted to adjust the volume remotely to carry on a conversation. Master controls will be handled at the amplifier ( which I do not have as of yet.) In closing I will either fabricate my own or purchase the larger switches. Thanks for your inputs and I hope I'm able to contribute in the future.

__________-
    LucasRay

7. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I would be surprised to see a volume control built into an enclosure that contains a light switch. I am pretty sure that mixing audio - low voltage circuits with mains powered circuits in the enclosure is a no-no...

8. LucasRay

Nov 20, 2012
    yeah perhaps your right but they do manufacture receptacles with built in USB ports.