SPDT Momentary Selection

_Anthony_

Joined Mar 16, 2013
I am looking to debounce a momentary pushbutton. I have decided on an SPDT momentary switch with NAND gates. However I am having trouble in selecting the SPDT switch.

It seems as though it should be simple: 3 poles with common, open and closed. However when I look at the switch datasheets they are not like that.

The CK switch NP8 series looks about right. But it has 4 poles, and comes in 3 and 4 wire versions. I don't follow what the 4th pole is for, or the 4 wire version.

If I look at the ATEM IP series, then most are shown with only 2 pins. The ones described as NO look like normal SPST switches, and the ones described as NO/NC look like DPST!

So can anyone suggest which of these would be right for my debouncing circuit?

Thanks,

_Anthony_

Joined Mar 16, 2013
Thanks for the quick replies.

The one I have is the NP Series NP8S2R202GE. The data sheet is here: www.ck-components.com/66840/np_15jan13.pdf/
The schematic on page A124 shows what looks like two options: either a shared common or separate Open/Closed. I assume that means it can be wired up either way. If I wanted the flying lead version then I assume the 3-wire gives me the shared common.

Another one I looked at is the APEM IP Series: http://www.apem.com/files/apem/brochures/switch-pushbutton-IP-mom-ENG.pdf
On page B1-20 it also has two options: either NO or NO/NC. In this case the NO has only two lugs. I assume I would need the IPR5SAD to get a shared common.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You can use that 4-pin C&K NP8 switch as shown in the circuit below:

You can choose either 7400 TTL or 4011 CMOS NAND gates depending on the rest of your design.