Spammers! Again!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It also shows them that someone is paying attention. Better they think they are so outside their target audience they might as well be invisible. Might keep them from coming back.

This site is so active it is irresistible to these cretins. We had one leave 19 posts all over the board tonight.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
By count, Bill, it was 25. These people must get paid for piecework. Imagine spending hours typing in odd messages and pasting in these long lists of "products".

It must be the sheer level of activity that draws them to post such things as sports clothing and Gucci knock-offs.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You are safe if you don't click on an unknow site,
just stick with the sure thing,right. Maybe they are
going for the global members that come on at that
time,also there activity seems to be when the
forum slows at my wee hours. I just ignore them
and let the mods take care of them.Describe to
me where the alert button is located. Is it any
harm doing the red x's when I find one hiding.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We were hit yesterday by a particularly obnoxious spammer, whose name was ganliang. He was nailed after a major spree, most times there is a moderator on site to take care of these types. He got lucky.

The spam he left was a invisible .jpg. I think a regular user can see these links by highlighting the entire thread, but I'm not sure. I have Firefox, and I have to jump through hoops to see it.

The img link goes to a null picture. My theory is they can replace the null picture with their spam at a later date, but opinions differ amongst the moderators. If you see someone posting nonsense like crazy all over the site you can pretty much bet it is spam at its worst.

Just thought y'all like to know.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Bill,I saw that guy,I should have reported,I had never seen his post before.

Did I click on any of his post,I think I clicked on one. Any way you can find out

if I got any possible problem.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't remember. When a post is reported it goes to my mailbox, my main email. I verify the issue, then erase the report. Occasionally it isn't an issue, and I leave it be. More often I get there after one of the other guys.