Space Jump (HyperSpace Travel)

4beowulf7

Joined Jul 25, 2015
Hello everyone!
This is an intriguing problem. But let me explain some stuff first:

When a mass is accelerated, it’s mass increases. So if someone tries to go from a point A to point B in space at some speed comparable to the speed of light, its mass will increase and more and more kinetic energy will be needed to accelerate further. So trying to go very fast may not be practical. Instead, a space jump should be used.

I think that the rest mass is due to pressure applied by ether whereas the net mass is due to pressure and drag applied by ether.

Let’s recall the simple equation of space=velocity×time. So if a moderate velocity is to be maintained, the only way to reduce distance traveled is to shrink the time, or jumping to another time dimension. Here I assume that the time flow is a variable within the Universe. For example, let’s assume that the distance between A and B is 10 light years in our dimension. But the same distance between A and B may be just 1 day in another time dimension. So keeping a moderate velocity in the new time dimension, we can go from A to B in just one day.

A possible realization may be to create a field (magnetic etc.) around the object so the object enclosed by the field is shielded from the time flow in our dimension and experiences another time flow in another dimension. Whichever direction the object travels, space shrinks in that particular direction. So the portal is basically around the object.

What do you think?

Greetings

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
A possible realization may be to create a field (magnetic etc.) around the object so the object enclosed by the field is shielded from the time flow in our dimension and experiences another time flow in another dimension. Whichever direction the object travels, space shrinks in that particular direction. So the portal is basically around the object.

What do you think?

Greetings
I think you have no evidence or supporting science - you are just pulling stuff out of thin air without any scientific foundation. Could you, instead, comment on my theory that potato chips are full of energy since they make me fat and, therefore, chips would make the perfect high-density fuel for time-space travel. Time-space travel would be perfect because then I could still eat chips and not get fatter because space shrinks when I travel in time.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
A possible realization may be to create a field (magnetic etc.) around the object so the object enclosed by the field is shielded from the time flow in our dimension
Do you have any evidence that time flow is affected by magnetic (or other) fields?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
So far we have yet to prove that there are any dimensions, other than the 4 we perceive, that exist in our macro scale reality let alone are accessible and are time independent as well.

Bit of a stumbling block right there. :oops:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The only thing that's even remotely possible (mathematically valid ) is an Alcubierre drive and that requires things that we can't possibly manufacture in the near or far future with known technology.

Last edited:

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
When a mass is accelerated, it’s mass increases. So if someone tries to go from a point A to point B in space at some speed comparable to the speed of light, its mass will increase and more and more kinetic energy will be needed to accelerate further. So trying to go very fast may not be practical. Instead, a space jump should be used.
I don't think so. The mass of a falling object stays constant, but the magnitude of its velocity increases. This results in an increase of kinetic energy, not a lack of it.
I think that the rest mass is due to pressure applied by ether whereas the net mass is due to pressure and drag applied by ether
What? Do you still believe in ether?o_O

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I recommend against that. Ethyl Ether was used on me for surgery 55 years ago and I still remember the nightmares.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello everyone!
This is an intriguing problem. But let me explain some stuff first:

I think that the rest mass is due to pressure applied by ether whereas the net mass is due to pressure and drag applied by ether.

Let’s recall the simple equation of space=velocity×time. So if a moderate velocity is to be maintained, the only way to reduce distance traveled is to shrink the time, or jumping to another time dimension. Here I assume that the time flow is a variable within the Universe. For example, let’s assume that the distance between A and B is 10 light years in our dimension. But the same distance between A and B may be just 1 day in another time dimension. So keeping a moderate velocity in the new time dimension, we can go from A to B in just one day.

What do you think?

Greetings
I think it would be easier to just find a genie in a bottle on a beach and have her blink her eyes and transport you instantly to where (and when) you want to go.

Has about as much basis in reality.

4beowulf7

Joined Jul 25, 2015
please provide proof of ether.
I don't have a mathematical proof of Aether at the moment, but the entire Electromagnetics Theory makes more sense and is more understandable with the existence of aether. I think of it as the fabric of the Universe.

What is waving when an electromagnetic wave propagates? I can't explain the waves in water if I say water doesn't exist.

Aether is a fabric, some sort of energy ocean, which responses to charged particles, electric fields (pressures in aether) and magnetic fields (vortices in aether).