Sourcing 24v output to Open collector input

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The drawing you presented seems to be a good design. I have difficulty understanding your question. Are you looking for the part which should be on the left of the drawing you provided? the, "sourcing controller"?

khatana

Joined Jul 17, 2013
Dear Sir,
I have host controller which switches 24V(+) signal and 0v common and as per servo drive have 24V(+) common and swtches 0V. so i want to design interface circuit which convert input sourching signal to open collector output.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
There is something wrong about the photocoupler, because when we want to using the the photocoupler, it means that we need isolated from the input to output, so the Anode of LED and the C of phototransistor can't connected together.

khatana

Joined Jul 17, 2013
Yes you may consider that it is photo transister of opto coupler and there is no connection between led and photo transistor.

khatana

Joined Jul 17, 2013
Dear all,
I have proposed circuit to convert signal by using opto isolator so please verify me this circuit upto 100KHz signal and is it implementable.

Attachments

Last edited:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
A common GND is not complete isolation, if that is enough for your application then it's ok, otherwise the GND have to separated.

khatana

Joined Jul 17, 2013
I have only issue for compatibility which i think working fine.
I have implement this circuit but it has issue that input resistor (1Kohm) heated during running. And is this circuit behave well at frequency of 200KHz.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
I have only issue for compatibility which i think working fine.
I have implement this circuit but it has issue that input resistor (1Kohm) heated during running. And is this circuit behave well at frequency of 200KHz.
Yes, it would get hot.
But you show 10K ohm.:confused:

Current is already limited by 2K in servo drive.
If correct, then no other resistor is needed.

Last edited:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Re-calculating the value of resistor or increasing the value of watt of the resistor to reducing the heat.