Sourcing 24v output to Open collector input

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by khatana, Feb 13, 2014.

1. khatana

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Dear All,
    I want to interface sourcing controller output to open collector input as attached drive interface discripotion.
    Please help me which configuration should use to work in solid state technology rather then relay circuit.
    Thanks

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    The drawing you presented seems to be a good design. I have difficulty understanding your question. Are you looking for the part which should be on the left of the drawing you provided? the, "sourcing controller"?

3. khatana

Jul 17, 2013
    Dear Sir,
    I have host controller which switches 24V(+) signal and 0v common and as per servo drive have 24V(+) common and swtches 0V. so i want to design interface circuit which convert input sourching signal to open collector output.

4. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    There is something wrong about the photocoupler, because when we want to using the the photocoupler, it means that we need isolated from the input to output, so the Anode of LED and the C of phototransistor can't connected together.

5. khatana

Jul 17, 2013
    Yes you may consider that it is photo transister of opto coupler and there is no connection between led and photo transistor.

6. khatana

Jul 17, 2013
    Dear all,
    I have proposed circuit to convert signal by using opto isolator so please verify me this circuit upto 100KHz signal and is it implementable.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  7. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    A common GND is not complete isolation, if that is enough for your application then it's ok, otherwise the GND have to separated.

8. khatana

Jul 17, 2013
    I have only issue for compatibility which i think working fine.
    I have implement this circuit but it has issue that input resistor (1Kohm) heated during running. And is this circuit behave well at frequency of 200KHz.

9. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Maybe your application no need to use the photocoupler still could working fine, just maybe.

10. inwo

Nov 7, 2013
    Yes, it would get hot.
    But you show 10K ohm.:confused:

Current is already limited by 2K in servo drive.
    If correct, then no other resistor is needed.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  11. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Re-calculating the value of resistor or increasing the value of watt of the resistor to reducing the heat.

12. inwo

Nov 7, 2013
    But is the resistor needed?

Isn't this opto led in series with the 2K and opto led in the servo?