Source-Superposition

katchat64

Joined Oct 7, 2010
Determine the current Ix in the circuit by applying the source-superposition method. Call I'x the component of Ix due to the voltage source alone, & I''x the component due to the current source alone. Show that Ix = I'x + I''x.

I got the circuits converted, but I am having trouble on what to use to solve for I'x and I''x.

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc118/katchat64/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

Here is the image of the circuits, if you have trouble please let me know. Thank you. In the drawings I accidentally labeled the I'x and I''x in the wrong circuits. I''x should be in the second circuit and I'x should be in the third circuit.

Last edited:

katchat64

Joined Oct 7, 2010
well let's see then yes I did... but I know that my work is wrong therefore, there isn't a motive for me to post up work that is incorrect.

I'm having trouble with whether or not I am able to combine the resistors, but I think that that would change the current. Is this so, if not then that means that I can use a Y-transformation to convert the middle into a phi circuit and from there combine all of the parallel or series resistors together.