Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by katchat64, Oct 7, 2010.

1. katchat64

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Determine the current Ix in the circuit by applying the source-superposition method. Call I'x the component of Ix due to the voltage source alone, & I''x the component due to the current source alone. Show that Ix = I'x + I''x.

I got the circuits converted, but I am having trouble on what to use to solve for I'x and I''x.

Here is the image of the circuits, if you have trouble please let me know. Thank you. In the drawings I accidentally labeled the I'x and I''x in the wrong circuits. I''x should be in the second circuit and I'x should be in the third circuit.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    did ever try doing it yourself before asking?
  3. katchat64

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 7, 2010
    well let's see then yes I did... but I know that my work is wrong therefore, there isn't a motive for me to post up work that is incorrect.

I'm having trouble with whether or not I am able to combine the resistors, but I think that that would change the current. Is this so, if not then that means that I can use a Y-transformation to convert the middle into a phi circuit and from there combine all of the parallel or series resistors together.
  4. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
  5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009