sound sensor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by balaji selva, Dec 4, 2013.

1. balaji selva

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 29, 2013
    friends i need to display sound o/p from cellphone's speaker in DSO.... i tried it with condensor mike....but i was not able to display it....

can anyone please mention a module(composed of both mike and preamp) for my project..........

i don't know how to check whetherr the mic is working or not... please mention this also........

please reply soon..........
  2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Condenser mic needs a little voltage applied across it produce electrical signals with sound.
    Any high gain preamp, opamp or discrete amp is OK. Try googling
  3. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    I suggest you try an electret microphone instead of a condenser microphone, since condenser mics typically have very small output signals. Electret mics include a built-in FET amplifier that will give you quite a few millivolts of output.

The best way to see the signal is to look at it with a oscilloscope with the input AC coupled and set on the most sensitive setting, and the time base set to a few milliseconds per division
    . Flick the microphone capsule with your fingertip and you should see the trace on the scope jump.

Below is a link to a preamp that I made that brings the amplitude up to line level.