sound reactive switches to power stobe leds

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by luna_mick, Aug 27, 2012.

1. luna_mick

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 27, 2012
    toatal newbie at all this so bare with me but this seems to be the place where ill get some help..

start i have a coustom headlining in the back of my van consisting of .. 40xUv,l.e.d's which i have simply wired in a parallel circuit with a puss(door)switch or using the rocker switch i can have on constant from a 12v.900ma leisure battery which is charged by solar panels .

what i really want to do is to have the leds flash in time with the bass from the subs i have looked for some thing to use . but i cant seem to find anything .. im pritty handy building things generally and i can repair and upgrade my pc .so i was thinking why not just build the circuit i need to do the job

as i sed before im a total newbie at circuit building , and would like some guidence please . i have looked at the http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=42538 thread that seems to be something that would work but im lose looking at schematics and resistors and components in general

2. luna_mick

Aug 27, 2012
    291934_138111989664153_2064331107_n.jpg this is the headlining lit up just to give u a picture . i want these to strobe in time with the bassline and the system is 137.8db so it has to cope !!!

3. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
  4. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Many articles say that UV light harms our vision unless you wear sunglasses that blocks it.
    I had cataracts operations so the synthetic lenses in my eyes block UV light.

EDIT: 137.8dB! That will destroy your hearing.

5. luna_mick

Aug 27, 2012
    im into car audio in a big way i do shows mainly sound offs . i have 4 new subs since then and 1200w amp 800w amp and a400w amp .. powering 4 12" subs ,2x 10" subs ,4x 6x9's 2x 8"mids 2x5inchch mids though crossovers also powering 4 500w tweeters .. obv i dont drive round with it that loud all the time ... it shakes the ground u stand on want to make it more interesting for the shows . plus i know uv is harm full but looks good on white (glow) like inside my van and clothing

as to the circuit suggested i want to stay away from mics if possible and use the rca output with a low pass filter built in so i only pick up the bass lines .. i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o6w0ryH2dw . so it consists of a tip31c . with 12v power and using the audio jack signals for the music ..

do u think if i adapt this so im using my 12dc from the battery the tip31c and the 2.5v rca output from a spare jack on my amp this would do the same job???