Sound questions

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Lukesturr, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Lukesturr

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 5, 2015
    I have very limited experience with electronic knowledge but had a question that was hoping to find some guidance on. I was wondering what I needed to record audio on that I could connect to a battery powered external speaker. For example, a weather proof single speaker that would be outside that could play my One to two minute audio by pressing a button. Any ideas would be a huge help. Thank you.

2. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    Cassette audio recorder? Maybe you can get a deal on one at RadioShack...;)

3. Lukesturr

Feb 5, 2015
    Even though that would be very practical I was thinking a little more hi- tech.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I think it was a month ago that I was in a drugstore and saw a digital voice recorder. Very small, surprising amount of time available.

5. Lukesturr

Feb 5, 2015
    Thanks for the reply... I guess I'm trying to go for more of a way I record on computer then be able to export into something that could be played on the external speaker minus Bluetooth. So lets say a speaker on a stake powered by battery playing my 2 min recording.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I don't understand. Do you want to make sure the computer does not play sound through its speakers, into the voice recorder?

I guess you would have to use the computer to make an MP3 file and load that into a portable MP3 player.

7. Lukesturr

Feb 5, 2015
    Sorry, I just want to invent something involving a small speaker that people can walk up to hit a button an it plays audio that I have recorded. Like me telling a story.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Too late. It's already been invented.

These things have been in museums for decades.

9. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Ditto, the electronics portion as you describe it has already been done. If you want to buy a ready made module, take a look here. These modules will accept an audio file up to 200 seconds long (over three minutes, depending on quality desired) and play back with the push of a button. They include the speaker and batteries. Alternately, you can search eBay for recordable greeting card (module), but I'm not sure there are many that can record and playback a full one to two minutes of audio.

flat5 and Lukesturr like this.
  10. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    If you just want a chipcorder to work with, a Google of Chipcorder will get you to nuvoton ISD ChipCorder devices.

Ron

Lukesturr likes this.
  11. flat5

Nov 13, 2008
    You can buy very small & cheap mp3 players. You can also buy battery powered amp-speaker combos or make your own.
    Here is a fun place to shop.
    http://www.banggood.com/
    One very cheap mp3 player that will do what you need is
    http://www.banggood.com/Mini-Clip-Music-MP3-Player-Support-8GB-TF-Card-With-Earphone-p-960352.html
    You may need to buy a tf memory card too. Player supports up to 8gb and banggood sells them too.

From banggood search box search for 'mp3 player' for many other options.
    To support the speaker
    http://www.banggood.com/LM386-Mini-...r-Board-Signal-Amplifier-Module-p-924891.html

other options
    http://www.banggood.com/buy/Amp/0-0-0-1-1-45-0-price-0-0_p-2.html?sortType=desc

Free shipping but it can take 10-40 days.

Lukesturr and elec_mech like this.
  12. Lukesturr

Feb 5, 2015
    Thanks for the reply! This is the direction I wanted to go in now only to see if it can be weatherproof for spring, summer, and fall.