sound activated switch using triac

skifer24

Joined Mar 3, 2013
so we are working on a project that is a sound activated switch using triac. but i cant make it work also, im new in using livewire so i dont know what to do or what to add in this circuit. can you guys help me? thanks!

Attachments

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
to me, your circuit screams "i can get hurt". you should not play with AC until you get more experience. you didn't size components properly

also you did not complete the trigger circuit. your triac (shown as SCR) needs voltage across Gate/A2 (or in case of SCR, gate/K). this means using two wires. your DC circuit only connects to SCR through one wire - you are missing reference (should connect negative side of battery to K/A2 of SCR).

next your component values would not allow SCR/triac to turn on. if you want to experiment and troubleshoot your circuit before you connect to AC, replace triac with an LED. if your circuit can light up an LED, it can trigger triac.

skifer24

Joined Mar 3, 2013
Sorry but can you guys help me so that this circuit can work? Edit or change but still using triac and minor adjustments?thank you