Sony VAIO

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Any one has any idea on how to reset the bios of a Sony Vaio Laptop PCG-6QFP
Or how I can get my hands on a one time pass that these darn things uses.

Rifaa

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Rifaa said:
If you use a Vaio then you should know what a one time pass is and when it is needed !!! DUH!!
I had a Vaio for several years. Updated it once. Threw it out two months ago. I have no idea what you are talking about. Hope that helps. :D

John

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Oh boy!!..
Jpanhalt...u said few years. which means the you are not up to date on Vaio bios.
and Dave you too? :cool: you guys a like so yesterday on laptops, HUH!! :)
OK , Ok, I'll tell, it's a bios password, the thing is I was upgrading the HDD and I was in bios set up when a call came and I wondered away while I was talking and my little angel is so like imitating me, she can read and like knows how to hit enter and write her name and stuff. I was at bios password renew option when I left and I think you can figure out the rest. :D
So when I can back the darn thing was in post at bios password.
So now she don't remember what she typed and I am locked out, after 3 miss types, the bios gives a security key and asks to enter a one time pass to unlock the bios and this pass key is renewed every time it restarts.

So I thought before I dismantle the whole thing to read the EEPROM software, it's a suggestion I found surfing, I would ask around if there is like another way to do it, cause I kinda like it and it's brand new too, the latest japanese model, which you cannot find any where.
If you do not believe me try to find this model Sony Vaio PCG-6QFP.
My chinese babe send it as a gift to me :p

So any ideas any one.

Rifaa

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Have you got a manual? Don't know about laptops, but a lot of computers have reset jumpers inside, short them and the computer BIOS is blanked.

How old is the little angle?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
which means the you are not up to date on Vaio bios.
and Dave you too? :cool: you guys a like so yesterday on laptops, HUH!! :)
Not sure how you came to that conclusion, I merely tried to suggestion that "one time pass" actually meant "one time password".

OK , Ok, I'll tell, it's a bios password
Would you believe it ;)

Have you tried Hiren's Boot CD? There is a BIOS password remover in there. Use at your own risk.

This is also better suited in the C&N forum.

Dave

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
No bill, laptops are more secure than mother boards as I have came across, and these Sony things come with finger print too. and about Hiren's boot cd,never heard of it and the use at your own risk sounds creepy.
Still I'll check it out, thanks though.

and OH !! my little darling is almost four.

Rifaa

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
about Hiren's boot cd,never heard of it and the use at your own risk sounds creepy.
Still I'll check it out, thanks though.
I only said use at your own risk because this is a power tool with the power to make significant changes to your system and I am merely covering myself in this regard. I have seen it recommended on many reputable computing forums, so its integrity is not something I'm so-much questioning.

Dave

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
This is gonna be a lesson to ya all about Sony VAIO laptop password or what ever thingy :D
Cause it's time to rip open this baby.
I'll post the tips and tricks once I get em formatted. :p

Rifaa

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
This is gonna be a lesson to ya all about Sony VAIO laptop password or what ever thingy :D
Cause it's time to rip open this baby.
I'll post the tips and tricks once I get em formatted. :p

Rifaa
Did Hiren's Boot CD not work?

Dave

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Oh that, I did check em out but I could not find any thing that will erase a pass word in the bios by booting from a cd. I mean the POST is something that the bios initializes and only after that the bios boots from the CD, if the bios does not allow process anything before a pass is given how in the heck's name will the CD would ever work.
What do you think?

Rifaa

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Oh that, I did check em out but I could not find any thing that will erase a pass word in the bios by booting from a cd. I mean the POST is something that the bios initializes and only after that the bios boots from the CD, if the bios does not allow process anything before a pass is given how in the heck's name will the CD would ever work.
What do you think?

Rifaa
There are two utilities on Hiren's Boot CD for removing the BIOS password: cmospwd and cmospwc. If you have your system to boot from the CD drive then insert Hiren's Boot CD before the system tries to boot normally from disk (you either need to be fast or put the CD and reboot).

Either of them may allow you to remove and reset your password. It is merely a suggestion that may save you some time.

Dave

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
I don't think there is a cmos memory or eeprom in that thing anymore. So removing the cmos battery or reading the eeprom might not be an option. Most modern ones use flash chip, and finding where the password is actually stored amongst all the other numbers and data is not easy. Not to mention that the password might be lightly encoded when stored.