Sony Kv20ts20

VincinChristmas@hotmail.com

Joined Jan 31, 2005
I Have The Service Manual For The Sony Kv20ts20. I'm Really Trying To Fix This Television. When I'm Watching T.v, I Get A Clear Picture, But The Color Is Bad. It Has Color, But There Is This Big Green Circle In The Middle. Even When I Put This In Black And White. I Can Still See This Circle, But Not As Much As When I Put It In Color. Is This A Known Symtom? Does Anyone Know The Problem Or Have Any Trouble Shooting Tips?

Dave_

Joined Mar 22, 2007
Is the rest of the picture fine outside of the green circle? Maybe the control for the ammount of green in the picture has gone haywire and now it is overloading blue and red. IIRC green makes up about 70% of the colour power, so if something went wrong with the green it's more likely to show up.

I'm affraid I don't know anything about the internals to resolve this potential fault. :(

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Yup, either buckled shadow mask inside the tube (non repairable) or if your lucky, the yoke may have come loose from the picture tube..(if its possible with the tube type used in this set).
With the former, the picture tube is shot..(usually caused by a drop or excessive heat) with the latter, if the yoke has shifted, it might be possible to reposition and glue.
I'd be 90% sure it's that first cause though.