Sony KDL-32L5000 Will Not Turn On

Fisher77

Joined Sep 19, 2016
My mom and dads house caught a lighting bolt. Surged 3 tv's, a computer, and several other things. Trying to figure out what is wrong with the tv's to ease the pain on my parents pocket book.

First up is a Sony KDL-32L5000
I checked the PS and found nothing bad. I also checked everthing I know how to check on the main board. It has the 3.3V STBY on the power supply. As I jumped the 3.3V to the PS_ON and the power supply switched on. While it was jumped I hit the power button and the TV turned on. While it was on, I pulled the jumper out, and the tv stayed on. I then hit the power button, and turned it off. Of course it would not turn back on. I then checked the 3.3V, and it was gone. I unhooked the main board, unplugged the TV, let it sit about 10 minutes, and then plugged back in.The 3.3V was back, but when I reconnected the main board it disappeared again. If I jump the ps_on and 3.3V stby to switch on the power supply before I connect the main board, the 3.3V stays, and the tv will turn on with the power button. I have no idea what else to check. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
My mom and dads house caught a lighting bolt. Surged 3 tv's, a computer, and several other things. Trying to figure out what is wrong with the tv's to ease the pain on my parents pocket book.

First up is a Sony KDL-32L5000
I checked the PS and found nothing bad. I also checked everthing I know how to check on the main board. It has the 3.3V STBY on the power supply. As I jumped the 3.3V to the PS_ON and the power supply switched on. While it was jumped I hit the power button and the TV turned on. While it was on, I pulled the jumper out, and the tv stayed on. I then hit the power button, and turned it off. Of course it would not turn back on. I then checked the 3.3V, and it was gone. I unhooked the main board, unplugged the TV, let it sit about 10 minutes, and then plugged back in.The 3.3V was back, but when I reconnected the main board it disappeared again. If I jump the ps_on and 3.3V stby to switch on the power supply before I connect the main board, the 3.3V stays, and the tv will turn on with the power button. I have no idea what else to check. Any help is appreciated.
Lightning is covered on most homeowners insurance policies. You might want to look into their deductible.