Some type of a rectifier problem.

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Donnie Lytton, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Donnie Lytton

Thread Starter New Member

May 9, 2016
    I have a problem with some type of rectifier that i cant seem to locate anywhere.it has two terminals with 16 volts on them that comes out of the transformer.i have found 4 terminals but not sure if this will work or not.the number on this two post rectifier is nae-7628 under this is nss- 3593-ir .[this is in a 200 watt rf amplifier.}the large capacitor has 22 volts on it if this helps in anyway.Does anyone know what exactly this is so i can order one.

2. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    There is a large universe of possible parts suitable for your needs, but we need to narrow things down a little bit.

Is the 16 volts RMS? Is it at the power main frequency? What kind of package are you looking for -do you have a photo of the part you are trying to replace, or a photo of where you want to mount it?

3. Donnie Lytton

Thread Starter New Member

May 9, 2016
    I may have found one at a long distance cb shop.This is a early model amplifier made in the early 70s the part is a single phase bridge rectifier module, it is mounted right next to the transformer, .this little rectifier is mounted on a a steel plate 1 1/4x1/4 inches.a hole at each end of the plate that ground wires are attach to it ,also has only two top terminals for dc . just curious could a 4 pole rectifier take its place.

4. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    If the rectifier you want to replace has two terminals, then yes, it could probably be replaced with a bridge, but I would not try it without understanding what it was that I was replacing,