Some thoughts on the Working Mechanism on UFOs

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I loved anything that Harryhausen did, his special effects (non CGI) were always something special in a usually otherwise plain movie. The guy was a master. His UFOs were the stars of that film.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
@nsaspook $0.25 for a ticket on a Saturday afternoon in 1956, I remember that movie like it was yesterday that I last saw it. The world was actually black and White back then. Thanks man!
I remember that. Every Saturday I got a haircut (whether I needed it or not) for 50 cents, got in the movie for 25 cents, saw a double feature and a cartoon, ate a box of popcorn for 10 cents, drank a sugary Coke for 10 cents, and ate a package of Rollos for 5 cents. Now, that was a buck well spent. And my mother got rid of me for almost 5 hours. We both loved it.

Richie121

Joined Jan 12, 2014
I think I have figured it out, although it took some time to get away from the UFO side.

It is actually a bomb fuse, and probably from the era of the late 1940's (although Germany were more advanced in many respects).
It seems designed to be fitted at the tail end of an air-dropped bomb, and when loaded doesn't contain any electrical charge. As the bomb is dropped however, the steel (and magnetised) rotor 6 spins up due to airflow and the tips then generate a charge in the coils 7 which is passed to connectors 8. The outer frame 5 is more of a spaceframe allowing lots of airflow around it. It is interesting that the outer rotor is centreless so is more of a ring, and we are looking at it in cross section. The "generator" 2 is converting the pulsed AC into a higher voltage so is essentially a transformer. The output is fed through 1a & 1b which are contacts to a very small "Bell Jar" The literal translation of "Glocke". Which explains why the vacuum 9 is there. As we know Bell Jars were used in the past to store electric charge and this is exactly what it does during flight - it accumulates the charge generated by the spinning fan.
When the bomb hits something it just needs a simple switch contact to close and will then use this charge to set off the main charge but the main design feature of this design is that when stored it is inherently safe and will not go off accidentally. It needs airflow to charge up.
There are no batteries to fail or leak, it uses glass as a storage medium and not more expensive mica and seems very reliable and cheap (magnetised steel rather than actual magnets)

Similar designs were used (and still are) for more modern weapons today. One which I found interesting was the "Dust fuse" which uses air moving dust within a chamber to generate the electrostatic charge.

The only thing I don't get are the swinging closure and swinging tank, but the centre components must be protected so may be a protective container, possibly suspended on rubber mounts.(the 4 small round objects).

The description is accurate - it is a generator design converting airflow to a useful high voltage charge.

Hope that clears up the UFO nonsense.

cdorgay

Joined Oct 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I found an interesting photo from an online source. It shows the Engine of Vril (it's some kind of a UFO). I like to propose some ideas on how it might work, assuming that the drawing reflects the actual engine.

View attachment 89388
View attachment 89389
Fig. 1. Vril Triebwerk (Engine) and German-English translation of parts.

Now, let me present a simple drawing:
View attachment 89390
Fig. 2. Simplified drawing.

For the simplified drawing: Positive top attracts free-electrons and pump them into the vortex chamber. The
chamber is where the Drehkörper rotates.
Drehkörper is accelerated or braked by electromagnets (EMs).
By controlling the vortex speed, velocity of up lift can be controlled.
Rotation of ionized particles form a vortex in Aether, around the Drehkörper.
A secondary steerable vortex is used for steering (vortex upon vortex). I assume this is provided by the Glocke (the Bell).

So what do you think? I like to get your feedback.

Greetings
Hello
How many watts of power are required to attract a mole(6.02x10^23) of electrons?
How are oxygen and water and unpaired electron species of these in the air excluded?
The electron will not be able to exist in air without being attached to something else in the air I presume(e- is free in lightning).
What is moving relative to what and what are the seals to the vacuum chamber like since there is a physical shaft rotating?
Is the second Drehkorper the same polarity as the first or opposite? How do these configure? Is one inside the other spinning opposite?
Of course no one knows these things. Good job of sorting it out!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It was never meant to be taken literally, and yet there are probably people who actually believe in such fantasies because it satisfies some deep emotional need.
If everyone believed that about 3 or 4 specific books...
...what a calm, safe planet we would have.