Some RC car help please

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Shozgetz, May 8, 2014.

1. Shozgetz

Thread Starter New Member

May 8, 2014
    Hi
    I race RC cars Touring and Drift and i have been fighting a battle with overheating my motors and burning them up i have gone down the heatsink road with and without fans and so on what i am doing now is i have made a water cooling system and it works off of 80mm pc fan cooled radiator its really nice and its just the right size and weight and the motor i am using is out of a RC boat its a watercooled brushless inrunner now what i am having trouble with is the water pump here is what it is http://www.dx.com/p/diy-electric-motor-mini-water-pump-229082#.U2tA31clV2N what i need is to know the best way to power it using my cars battery and that is a 11.7v lipo 2500 mAh if i could get some help that would be great i just want some thing that is easy and light and compact to do like a potentiometer thank you so much

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    To power the pump from the same battery, you could place two or three 1n4003/7's rectifiers in series to drop the voltage somewhat.
    Run the pump with liquid load for a while and check the heating effect on the motor.
    Max.