some help with lights project!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by beerkeg, Apr 28, 2009.

1. beerkeg

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Hello there guys and girls, I am quite new to all of this so please bear with me if I am repeating some other thread! I have been asked to make a circuit for my boss and one of his crazy ideas! Again!

This time he wants 3 normal household light bulbs mounted on a piece of wood, with one 240V input. He wants to be able to switch between them using three switches, one for each light bulb. It is for a drinking game and the light bulbs will be different colours. I don't know how to wire up the 3 light bulbs to be able to be switched between from one input from a 240 source!

Please please could someone help me with how I would do it and what kit i might require! I thank you all in advance,

Regards

2. tkng211

Jan 4, 2008
    If you wanna control each light bulb by its switch, just connect every bulb in series with the switch controlling itself. The 3 circuits are then put together in parallel connection and fed to the 240V supply.
    If you want to control 3 individual bulbs by one switch only, so they can be switched one by one, you can go to some lighting shop asking for such kind of control device. I have one at home. You may probably find it in your area too.
    Good luck!