some help please!!!!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by total new user, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total new user

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 12, 2011
    So im a total newbie to electronics, but i need to solve an issue thats driving me nuts!!! what I need is some way to be able to send a text to a mobile phone and have the mobile operate a servo motor one way on one command and the other way from another command.

eg...

text sent says open----- text recieved and servo turns clockwise

text sent says close----- text recieved and servo turns anti-clockwise

Im guessing that some sort of programming and circuitry would be required as an add on to a standard mobile phone to make this possible. Im absolutely sure it can be done, what I really want to know is how much such a setup would cost to produce including programming etc, never know, could be a job in it for the right person!!!

2. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010

3. total new user

Feb 12, 2011

Thats helpful?

4. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    He's probably currently communicating with/waiting for reply from a moderator

What are you planning on using this for? I believe hes wondering if we are allowed to discuss this topic.

5. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    I made a comment, which on reflection seemed not to be such a good idea. Unfortunately, not knowing any way to delete a post completely, "..................." was what you were left with.

My apologies for doing that, but it does keep your thread up the list.

6. total new user

Feb 12, 2011
    no worries, i cant really discuss the specifics as I have not got a patent on the idea, however what i can say is its intended use is in the security sector, to combat crime rather than perpertrate it lol...

7. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    click edit; go advanced; then at the top you click the circle that says "delete message" and then click the "delete this message"button.

8. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Trust me on this there is nothing there for you to patent. In fact if you manage to get one I'll wire you big cash prize. Bahahaha!

9. total new user

Feb 12, 2011
    trust me you are talking out of your bottom... this is a small part of a larger item, the item would be used by large volume users and as a minumum I would expect around half a million per annum just to use the item, its not something that can be guessed or something that is obvious unless you are specifically in the trade in question. Because of the potential sums involved, clearly I would need a patent, trust me....

10. russ_hensel

Jan 11, 2009
    Trust you because......

11. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Oooooooooooh boy!!!!

12. total new user

Feb 12, 2011
    This is silly.... I dont want to offend anyone, i just know this is a totally and utterly unique idea, if it wasnt, the end user wouldnt be losing millions a year because they lack it... Does anyone have a clue how this would be made or is everyone just here to flame me?

13. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    Let's be frank: there are serious security issues to be considered if we discuss remote control by mobile phone. The OP may have a legitimate purpose in mind, but what if some crackpot uses the idea to blow people to kingdom come?

I had it in mind to mention this before, but thought better of it, until a recent post.

14. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    How can we trust you? There is no track record here to bring about trust. You are the only party to derive a benefit from any assistance given.

The problem with patents is that any disclosure ruins the process. These are public forums. We must insist that information is publicly posted here. That makes AAC a particularly poor choice of assistance for people who imagine they can use us to provide information about circuitry that may be presented for patenting.

Frankly, you need to find one person with whom you can execute a NDO (if you don't know what this is, you are over you head) and share the proceeds with.

BTW, NDO's are hardly worth the paper used to print them on. Despite one with an outfit in Pa, they somehow managed to disregard development of our device, but did do a lot of work on one that would make them money. At least one critical piece of equipment lent to them has never turned up again. Be interesting to see what a search warrant of their company buildings might turn up.

Bottom line - if money is involved, you can't trust anybody.

15. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    Security sector...
    remote locking for doors?
    There are plenty of sites out there about this and ive seen SMS control used for multiple applications, but like they said, we cant really help you unless we can trust you, and you cant trust us as this is a public forum, so we have reached an impass

16. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I see no need for you to engage in vulgarities. I was merely trying to give you the benefit of my 51 year career in the technology business. You can take or ignore my counsel as you desire, and my offer of a cash prize stands if you mange to receive a US Patent for this idea.

17. total new user

Feb 12, 2011
    OK chaps, essentially, I am not particularly interested in a US patent at the minute, why, because I am in the uk, I am an ex medical student, as in, was kicked out in year 4, I have two kids, a wife and no affiliation to any organised religion, I also have a fantastic idea, I posses 60% of what is needed to bring a prototype to fruition, and, if I had the time, could probably spend the next three years learning the other part. The trouble I have you see is that I am on the brink of starting work for basic wage for Manchester airport, which kind of blows a hole in your theory that I am some sort of terrorist type!!! What I dont want to do is let another idea slip by until some other person has a brain wave and gets there before me! Now, I can build, engineer, sell etc, what I cant do, is write software and program circuit boards, however, if I was Bin Ladens latest squeeze, i could simply hook up the power from ANY mobile phone vibrate module to achieve my ends, which would do the trick im sure. Now, why would I ask for the ability for the servo to go both ways, in case I have some sort of fit of conscience and want to turn it off????? I think you have watched to many spy movies!!!! Now, as I am able to put most in, I would want the largest share of profit from this venture, however, if someone local (manchester, UK) was able to help I would happily share the profit, so long as A, they are capable of doing what they say and B, they were able to keep the idea secret, and C, they have the ability to communicate!!!!

18. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    Patent office here is over a year behind, all you can do is preliminary protection.

Document several copies, get them notarized by a totally non-interested party, seal the envelops then get the actual envelope notarized again. Next, then send them via Registered Mail to some non-interested parties one of which should be an attorney, another a noted industry leader. Instruct them all in advance NOT to open the envelope - just to file it. You have now filed a date of conception that will stand up in any court of law.

If you explain your problem to anyone of merit in the industry they're going to tell you the same thing.

I rarely share my e-mail but remove the spaces and the extra 3 : marshallf33 @ yahoo.com
    Being an inventor with a few I want to protect I share your pain but it can be got around.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  19. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
  20. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    No doubt, a company I had $50K invested in later had the technology stolen by AT&T who had far more resources to fight in court thus of course won.

It's all in the Judge and a matter of positive proof along with some luck, my recommendation is based on someone who actually won out over a major corporation with all the proof he had that he had originated the design and had it in production before the opposing party even planned to - not to mention the fact they were ruled to trying to rip off a smaler business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.