Solved?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by chrisw1990, Apr 14, 2012.

1. chrisw1990

Thread Starter Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ok, sooo why doesnt the forum have the ability to add "SOLVED" to the beginning of the title? that way the OP can indicated when the problem has been fixed/dealt with..?
    similar to the microchip website?
    dont know how easy this would be to implement, but could it then be used to close threads and stop people then posting on the end in a couple of years?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    DerStrom8 likes this.
  2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Maybe allow the OP to change the icon in the initial post to the "thumbs up" as shown above.

3. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Good idea. It's slightly preturbing reading through an entire thread only to find out OP already had his question answered. And, sometimes members might think they have solved the problem, but OP still doesn't get it.

It should be reversible though IMO. For instance Someone comes in looking for help with a circuit and gets the help they needed and changes status to 'solved', then a week later wants to add some functionality or change a function of it, they can come back and revert it to 'unsolved' and pick up where they left off.

4. chrisw1990

Oct 22, 2011
    indeed, it would make sure everyones on same page..
    as for reversible status.. perhaps unsolved no.. but something more indicative of a status review.. dont get me wrong, unsolved does the job, but something to make people aware that its a preexisting thread, that was "solved"..
    dont think im making myself clear but maybe you can understand from that?

5. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    yeah I hear you, but I think the more we talk the more complicated & less likely to happen it's going to be. So I'm going to stop now.

6. chrisw1990

Oct 22, 2011
    REOPENED
    thats the word i was looking for.
    so to summarise..
    Three states:
    "Solved" "Unsolved" "Reopened"
    no need for unsolved to be honest.. without a solved label, its unsolved..
    only controllable by the OP/moderators

7. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I would suggest if the OP wishes to reopen a solved problem, simply start a new thread.

8. chrisw1990

Oct 22, 2011
    seems a little ott if there is already their own previous thread.. with feedback for the same problem?
    would make sense to keep it together..
    maybe im missing a point of view here.. dunno

9. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Generally a simple declaration at the end of thread does it, but that almost never happens.

10. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    I think you can edit the title of the thread if you go to the first post and open the post for "ADVANCED" edit.

Give it a try.

hgmjr

11. chrisw1990

Oct 22, 2011
    so you can!
    just be nifty to have a button. job done, case closed.. maybe close the thread so people cant post in future, im now going to use this because its damned useful.
    HOWEVER:
    upon changing, it doesnt change the name of the thread.. just the title of the first post..

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  12. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I can double click a right next to a title in the threads list and re-type it. I don't know if this is a Mod feature, so please someone try it out and tell me if it works.

13. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Pretty sure that's just a mod feature.

Georacer likes this.