solenoid

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by chazziemann, Mar 23, 2011.

1. chazziemann

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    hi,

What type of solenoid would i need? Or how would i go about making the circuit.

I want the solenoid just to open for 2 sec and then close. Just like in a coffee machine i need to allow enough powder to pass. The power supply is 5Vdc via a relay switch.

A small signal will operate the relay which will open the solenoid.

Any input will help

Thanks

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    We need more details for a good answer. What is the powder? How repeatable must the measurement be? Is some other device involved? -

3. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    'Dosing' is the term that describes quantitative dispensing of granular solids. Typically, a disc with a volumetric chamber is filled in a hopper, then advanced to dump in a delivery tube, or similar. 'Dosing' disks are usually circular with a number of chambers, advancing in circular fashion.

4. chazziemann

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    There are two circuits. Circuit1 is the voltage source (amplified) which runs Circuit2. The source is amplifies from 0.010V to 0.7V in circuit1. This amplification was carried out by a Omp Amp. Once this voltage is reached a SPSTNO relay switch closes. Circuit2 is connected to a 5Vdc source. This will operate the solenoid which DISPENSES a DOSE of fine powder.

I am only knew at this so any help is greatful

5. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    I find it odd that the solenoid circuit would be 5V. It's not impossible, it's just not ideal.