Soldering Station

Fdam

Joined Jul 8, 2014
Hi:

I know there are some good and reliable soldering stations out there like Hakko, Ersa, Weller and Pace...

But they are unavailable where I live, and way out of my prince range (just amateur).

I've ruled out the Zhonghi stations and clones like the ZD-931 and ZD-937 that I have available here mainly to some quality issues... I have those available where I live for around 70€ for ZD-931 with the Fixpoint/Velleman brand.

So I'm looking into Aoyue soldering stations that look to be, quality wise, above, the ZD-93#.

But I have a simple doubt:

There is the Aoyue 9378 complete for 60€ with ceramic heating, and there is the induction based Aoyue Int3233 for around 80€ + 10€ for the tip (so a total 30€ above the 9378 model) totalling 90€. For the 9378 station a lot of tips, including Hakko, are available.

My questions/doubts are:

- Does the induction model have any advantages regarding the more standard ceramic heating model? I can't find any conclusive info regarding this. I thing heating and recovering would be faster...

- In what kind of works, if any, an induction based station has advantage? I can't envision, from an amateur point of view any advantage to the induction version.

Thanks for the help!:)