solder in board 12 volt dc relay 364N? has open coil

sdowney717

Joined Jul 18, 2012
I finally found what was wrong, the coil is open circuit, so of course the relay does not work.
Relay says on it 364N.
Can I replace this relay, does anyone have an idea?
Relay solders to board and it could be 30 amps, it is a DC 12volts.

here is a picture.
An alternative would be to get a 12 vdc cube relay and wire it to the board.
But would be nice to just get one that fits the PCB board.

there are two on the PCB, and the coil on the other reads 89 ohms, so it is 12 vdc coil I think.

Last edited:

sdowney717

Joined Jul 18, 2012
I finally found what was wrong, the coil is open circuit, so of course the relay does not work.
Relay says on it 364N.

here is a picture.

there are two on the PCB, and the coil on the other reads 89 ohms, so it is 12 vdc coil I think.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Relay says on it 364N.

here is a picture.

It looks similar to one of the varieties of relay often found in those little cube shaped modules behind the bulkhead in cars.

That could be a source of a replacement. Its also worth a close inspection of the wire tail between the bobbin and solder tag - it breaks more often there than in the winding.

sdowney717

Joined Jul 18, 2012
I looked under magnification, and reflowed the coil solder, I did not see anything except the coils are loose, but dont appear broken, I suppose the coil wire might have broken a few windings in.

Arrow had the best deal, I shipped with USPS and got 2 relays, entire cost $8.34
I am very happy to get a relay, I had called digikey and they had nothing to offer.
After calling Stetron and told discontinued, and they had no idea, thought it would be impossible to get.

This forum has been very helpful in the past and now again today.

One time I unwound a relay coil and repaired the winding, that one had broken on the last inner loop and slightly melted the plastic bobbin. I used a pencil chucked into a drill to collect the coil. Then wound it back using the drill.
This relay I maybe also could have drilled the rivet center stud and unwound and done a repair.

Last edited: