Solar system Batteries ??? 's

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Desert Sunshine, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Desert Sunshine

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    My solar panels are wired and installed.. I need to know how to hook up my battery bank. I'm using (4) 6 volt batteries, hooking them together to make (2) 12 volt batteries.. Connecting a solar controller for charging, a then connecting them to a power inverter.. See the attach diagram..
    Someone please let me know if this wiring is correct.
    If NOT please show me how to wire them... [​IMG] Thank You...
  2. KL7AJ

Nov 4, 2008
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: If the batteries on our solar system run down, we're ALL in deep doo doo! :D
  3. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Not to worry. Last I checked, our solar system runs on a nuclear plant.:D:D:D

Desert: your diagram is correct.
  4. italo

Nov 20, 2005
    Most people don't understand that batteries are not created equal therefore to add them in series develops no problem however in parallel there is a problem. if one is not fully charged or weak the the other battery will try to compensate for the weakness making it a situation where one battery work like a horse the other simply loaf weakness they both fail prematurely. there are ways to stabilize the situation one is to add a diode in series loss of .7v x amps the other is a small value resistor. either way it is a power loss if enough current is in demand it becomes a very big power loss So it is your call.
  5. creakndale

Mar 13, 2009
  6. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Italo, please read up on batteries before posting. You have your facts confused.