Solar Roadways

Jacob Roose

Joined Apr 7, 2015
Hello All,

Has anyone heard about or researched this idea for solar roadways?

It seems like a great idea, however, how would this affect our current electrical infrastructure and would this even be plausible or would the cost to make the change be too great?
This video claims that it would produce 3 times the electricity we currently use in the U.S. So would this bring an end to electric bills? I would think there would be an increased tax to pay for these panels that would take the place of the the electric bills we pay currently.

Thought?

k7elp60

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I used to live in a desert community where it was possible to install solar panels to be effectively off the grid. The county required a permit to install them, and then they would re access the value of your property and make the property higher in value, which would increase the property taxes. Plus the fact the cost of the solar panels and hardware had about a 15 year payback. Because I am in my seventies I decided against it.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
The guy is an idiot in so many ways ..That road will not hold up to a really good accident or plowing before it gets destroyed and has to be replaced which cost even more instead of saving money..

Also Dave Jones did a nice video about the crap the guy says..

Jacob Roose

Joined Apr 7, 2015
Thanks for the input Killjoy. Dave Jones answered alot of the questions I had. Here is the link if anyone else is interested.