Solar panel light control

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Danielpalfrey, May 28, 2016.

1. Danielpalfrey

Thread Starter Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Ok, So I have been working on a circuit that will keep lights turned off for as long as the solar panel is "charging" I am doing this with a PNP transistor. Originally the circuit worked great but the lights flickered like crazy when the sun started to go in so I added an NE555 IC to the circuit, I have tested this as a stand alone and works as expected. I have it set for a 10 second delay to try and stop the flickering. It should work great, but every time I power up the circuit the base of the PNP transistor is getting power and I know it isn't unwanted solder or anything like that. I have spent countless hours troubleshooting this one and I am baffled.

Here is the circuit.

[​IMG]
    Any insight here would be greatly appreciated as I am baffled.

The transister alone worked, the circuit alone works but combined they do not. I know it is something simple that I have done.

Dan

2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Post a schematic, so that we have a better idea of the intended ciruit function and for comparison with your layout. No track breaks under R2, Q1, D2?

3. Danielpalfrey

Thread Starter Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Yes there are, sorry forgot to put them in.

I will get you a schematic

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  4. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    No series resistor for the leds,
    Pins 4-6-8 linked, Wrong!
    Pin7 not used!

5. Danielpalfrey

Thread Starter Member

Mar 29, 2016
  6. Danielpalfrey

Thread Starter Member

Mar 29, 2016
    just took out the PNP transistor, bridged the cut track and The timer works perfectly. Any ideas? Just looking for the scematic

7. Danielpalfrey

Thread Starter Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Ok, this is the only schematic i could find

[​IMG]