solar engine issue

qzzk

Joined May 5, 2011
Hi

iam experimenting with solar engine circuit, i need to get it working in a similar way than this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoqh9YHqVDs&feature=player_embedded i need the circuit generate a little movement after a while charging from solar panel. But with the basic solar engine http://www.talkingelectronics.com/pr...s/SE-1-Cct.gif i only can switch the motor on. I has been triying with diferent capacitators into transistors feedback loop, but there is not good results. Anybody can give me a help?

thanks!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Your question is difficult to understand. That part about, "I can only switch the motor on" is the worst part. As if, you wanted to switch the motor off to see if the circuit works?

Please try again.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I would guess that you are looking for a cyclic action where the solar battery charges a capacitor until there is enough energy for a brief burst of motor activity. The circuit then dumps the capacitor energy into the motor, then disconnects the motor again to allow the capacitor to recharge, and repeats.

Is the problem that the motor is not getting disconnected after the first discharge, so cyclic action does not occur?

qzzk

Joined May 5, 2011
Thanks #12

What i try to said is that once the condenser rise over certain voltage, the motor start to spin forever, and what iam looking for is to on and off the motor. But i just figure out the circuit, something was wrong in my conection. Now is working pretty well, turning on and off the motor when the conderser rise 3V

Thank anyway, and sorry my poor explanation :p

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
How would the motor spin forever?
If the solar cell had sufficient output current capability, and the circuit failed to switch the motor out of circuit, the motor would turn as long as the cell was illuminated. Not quite forever, but longer than the OP wanted.