solar battery charger for cell phone

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by solarman, Aug 11, 2008.

1. solarman

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Hey there everyone!!!
    I'm new to electronics and iam making a solar powered battery charger for my cell phone. I have hacked about six solar garden lights and made a solar circuit to charge 2xAAA batteries 2.4v,they are 900mah (which i think will not produce enough power to charge my cell anyway??? Only experimenting at present!!!) iam charging directly to a energizer duo usb charger(so i have hacked a female usb connection to plug into off my solar panel) i plan to charge the batts by solar and iam making another rig to plug into and charge directly to the phone,as i can't charge directly out of the duo because of the non return diode!Questions i have are to do with battery charging- If i charge a 2000mah battery lets say 1.5v will i get more voltage/amps out of it when it's fully charged or does it stay the same but just gives longer power supply. Also with a non return diode- i have connected it at the end of the series connected solar panels on the + side out to the batt, it has come from the one of the solar lights i hacked(each individual light had one), will this be ok or do i need to size one specifically for the size of the panel and the batteries iam charging???
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!