Software Problems...

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off. To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9.

Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better. I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware. I eventually upgraded to Fiancee 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0.

While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse 2006. Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's Memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Multi Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring Shoe Shop browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab 93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes.

Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called Mother in Law, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2007, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2007, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

Dave

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Your problem is that you MUST install Prenup 101 before installing wife 1.0. This is the only way to stop wife1.0 files from associating with MS Money.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Lol! Thanks Gadget, that solves the problem of how I deal with Wife 1.0 deleting my money. What do you suggest I do about the Mother-in-Law pop-up? Its now a daily irritant!

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
try installing watchdog firewall v 1.2.

say i would love to see the system performance if wife 1.0 uses mozilla 2.0.0.6 to browse through your dailylife.com and is fed the above data. lol :D

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
try installing watchdog firewall v 1.2.
Thats a good idea, the problem I would have is training Watchdog Firewall 1.2 to root out annoyances like the Mother-in-Law pop-up. I find that trying to set rules with Wife 1.0 running is a particularly difficult task!

say i would love to see the system performance if wife 1.0 uses mozilla 2.0.0.6 to browse through your dailylife.com and is fed the above data. lol :D
Lol! I have Wife 1.0 sandboxed from the system to prevent such an occurrence happening!

Dave

mgshilling

Joined Apr 14, 2007
Be careful with wife 1.0 They can create smaller programs child 1.0.

child 1.0 can really delete money and only get worse as they upgrade.

Also if girlfriend 1.2 and mistress 2007 create program child 1.0 they imediately upgrade to wife 1.0. bypassing Fiancee 1.0. If you are already running wife 1.0 when Mistress 2007 or Girlfriend 1.2 creates Child 1.0 the system may get very overheated and you may find that Wife 1.0 and Mistress 2007 and girlfriend 1.2 may get attachments lawyer 1.0 and sometimes lawyer 2.0. Lawyer 1.0 and 2.0 will find a way to delete money, take all programs and accesories, require you to send any new money on regular basis and remove all usage time with child 1.0, but require you to still maintain Child 1.0 Lawyer 1.0 may also find way to remove you from cleanhouse program and allow wife to keep Saab 93 Convertible hard drive. This may leave you with a completely barebones system but typically leads to automatic upgrades to loneliness program which will require pub 1.0 or bar 1.0. these may require streaming alcohol media until system either shutsdown permanently or device AA 12.0 is added
one way to avoid child 1.0 is to install any form of protection utility. Trojan XL is 99% effective in protecting you against child 1.0 and is an excellent antivirus.

My suggestion if you already have wife 1.0 installed is to get a personal data assistant (PDA) preferably one with Palm OS since Windows CE devices may cause trouble with adjacent systems. PDA with Palm OS systems are 100% reliable in protecting against Child 1.0 and are 100% effective antivirus. Palm devices are great since they do not require satisfying Wife 1.0's many requirements and allow you to start sleep mode imediately upon finishing.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I heard that if you have Lawer 2.0 and if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2007, it will delete your Money and wont uninstall, possessing your computer instead.

Also, I don't like Wife 1.0 as FreeSexPlus features tend to dissapear with further upgrades!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Unforunately, Jailbait is the most often attempted installation of freeware. Therre are many well-known limitations to this application. One becomes vulnerable to malware like Officer 2.0 and the dread FiveTo Life.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'm glad to see there are plenty of programmes available to address my software problems. Apparently there is a new operating system I can install that nullifies all my problems and need to get software to fix them - its called Abstention OS 1.0 - it doesn't have any of the eye candy of my current OS, but it works without any of the above problems.

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
You can use Leach 1.0 to control Lawyer 2.0 . So Lawyer's data will not be manipulated by Wife 1.0 and get currupted, thus making sure that the program will not turn against you. You can also buy Jury 12.0 if everything else fails. And if Jury 12.0 shows signs of failure, you can buy Goons 3.0 .

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
The real trick is to access Lawyer 9.9 prior to installing Wife 1.0. Lawyer 9.9 can pre-empt glitches in Wife 1.0 (or later versions) from over-writing finance codes if - and only if - the prenuptial plug-in is plugged in prior to the, um, other "plugging in."

Note that the prenuptial plug-in can be over-ridden by Judge 1.3 if usage does not match initially stated user terms.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The real trick is to access Lawyer 9.9 prior to installing Wife 1.0. Lawyer 9.9 can pre-empt glitches in Wife 1.0 (or later versions) from over-writing finance codes if - and only if - the prenuptial plug-in is plugged in prior to the, um, other "plugging in."
What happens if Wife 1.0 gets access to Lawyer 10.0? I hear Lawyer 9.9 can sometimes be completely helpless against Lawyer 10.0.

Dave