Software for managing investigations

GenJacks

Joined May 15, 2016
My friend's company is conducting an investigation regarding a customer complaint about their service. To help with the process, her boss asked my friend to find a software that can help them with the investigation. Any ideas where she can get a hold of such software?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There could be a lot of different tools that would help depending on the nature of the investigation. Data analysis, database mining, project management, team management,etc. What do you want the software to do?

GenJacks

Joined May 15, 2016
I went with her to a consultant yesterday and we were told to get something like this software because it has something for prevention too, I think. But that investigation software looks good too. I'll send the link to my friend and let her decide on which one would be better. Thank you!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
FWIW, not all customer complaints warrant corrective action of anything wrong internally. Sometimes the customer is simply wrong.

I remember we had to re-write some of our complaint system procedures when we received complaints from "customers" that hadn't actually bought anything from us. We hadn't anticipated that when we first wrote them.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I remember we had to re-write some of our complaint system procedures when we received complaints from "customers" that hadn't actually bought anything from us. We hadn't anticipated that when we first wrote them.
There are some that would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

Consider the source of the complaint. We have surveys after surveys these days. Everyone's ego wants to get stroked. NPS (Net Promoter Score) is one such metric from the marketing side that some have transitioned toward an evaluation tool, but I digress.