software defined radio

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by chinni_san, Apr 27, 2015.

1. chinni_san

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Need some help regarding my project software defined radio.The thesis which i was working on is attached below can anyone help me out please

2. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    help you with what exactly? We can´t read your mind, describe your problem as best as you can.

3. chinni_san

Apr 27, 2015
    i just want to know how he worked with DDS CORE and FILTERS

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm confused. If this was your thesis you were working on why are you asking "how he worked with DDS CORE and FILTERS". If this is someone else's thesis then you must be trying to duplicate or expand on the original author's work. The answer to your question is, that the original author worked very hard to learn everything he could about the topics he required to complete his work. You would do well to emulate him. Let us assume you know what a DDS CORE and a FILTER are. Do you have more specific questions about them?

5. chinni_san

Apr 27, 2015
    yes this is someone else's thesis and i'm trying to implement it and see if i could expand this work.So i want to know the verilog codes for DDS and FIR FILTERS

6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Is the Verilog that he used available in his thesis? (I'm not going to download a 4+MB attachment and comb through someone's thesis for an answer to a question that you should know off the top of your head.)

7. chinni_san

Apr 27, 2015
    yes he used verilog code

8. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Okay, so you have his Verilog code for the DDS and his FIR filters.

What do you want from us?

9. chinni_san

Apr 27, 2015
    No i dont have them.He mentioned that he used vertex 2 kit which contains DDS and Filter cores
    And he used DDS V5.0 .so i just want the verilog code for them for better understanding

10. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Okay, so go get the Vertex 2 kit so that you have the code he used.

Again, what do you want from US?

11. chinni_san

Apr 27, 2015
    sir,
    I was intrested in verilog coding .But i'm just in a basic level. So can you help me that how to improve my knowledge regarding this.

12. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    There are many free Verilog tutorials available on the internet. You might download and install the Xilinx WebPack so that you have a free Verilog compiler (there are other free tools available, too). A forum thread is a horrible way to learn an entire topic. So go start working your way through some of the tutorials and when you have specific questions that are tripping you up, that's where a forum thread can really pay off. Good luck.

chinni_san likes this.
  13. chinni_san

Apr 27, 2015
    Thank you sir, i had already installed xilinx 14.4 and sure i'll go through the tutorials