Software choice!!!

Nelson2001

Joined Nov 10, 2011
Please, Im trying Tina, LTSPICE, & Topspice software.
I need to show( the graphs & out files) of polar voltages & currents, working with AC.
LTSPICE, dont show me any polar, nor rectangular forms. Neither Tina.
Topspice has an example, in resonant circuit, but is impossible to print data in text form.

I Need to show the phase angle, working with capacitors & inductance.
Is there is any form to graph & print a text form (just like Lessons In Electric Circuits, Volume II – AC By Tony R. Kuphaldt), http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_6/3.html
Thanks again!

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Tina is the easiest to use of the bunch, with quite a few built in models.

LT Spice is free, with limited components, but there are lots of component libraries on the yahoo usergroup. It also has a simulation problem now and again in certain areas, but most simulators will.

Haven't worked personally with TOPspice.

The most used software is:

LTSpice
Multisim
ISIS/Proteus
Tina

In about that order, just from what questions students have. The ISIS/Proteus is almost always related to microcontroller simulation, the rest are multipurpose.

The graphs you posted appear to have been made by GNUPlot, which hints that the simulation was performed on a unix/linux machine running eda software. Different operating system, different options. Though GNUPlot is available for windows, the software may not be, though it is simply a PSpice date type table plotted out.

Nelson2001

Joined Nov 10, 2011
Thanks very much for you explanation.

So the questios is how I Print and plot polar coordinates, in LTSPICE?
I write to spice tech site , but there is no answer.

example:

ac r-c circuit
v1 1 0 ac 10 sin
r1 1 2 5
c1 2 0 100u
.ac lin 1 60 60
.print ac v(1,2) v(2,0) i(v1)
.print ac vp(1,2) vp(2,0) ip(v1)
.end

The print ac vp(1), command dont work....

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
you could use a spreadsheet an do the calculations to generate the graphs similiar to the ones in that lesson. Beware, the 20 Hz stepping caused the errors in the graphs seen in that lesson.

Nelson2001

Joined Nov 10, 2011
thanks a lot, I already use a spreadshet to see the grpahs.
The question: Is there any software to plot voltages & current in polar notation & complex?.Could it be posible with LTSPICE?
THANKS

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
other than the I x 100, I've done those graphs with tina.....

on edit ... here's the graphs and I corrected the opening line since I had my grandson figiting when I was trying to respond.

Attachments

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
thanks a lot, I already use a spreadshet to see the grpahs.
The question: Is there any software to plot voltages & current in polar notation & complex?.Could it be posible with LTSPICE?
THANKS
No, LTSpice cannot plot polar graphs. Berkely spice can, give it a looksie.