Soccer match

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Thanks Ron but it's not over 'til the fat lady sings I'm afraid;). However this is the furthest they have come on a big tournament like this so we as a nation are really proud of them.

But the funny thing is that our women's team has made it a bit further in football than the men. They've made it to the World cup which the men haven't. Yet...:)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Thanks Ron but it's not over 'til the fat lady sings I'm afraid;). However this is the furthest they have come on a big tournament like this so we as a nation are really proud of them.

But the funny thing is that our women's team has made it a bit further in football than the men. They've made it to the World cup which the men haven't. Yet...:)
Our women's team is better than the men's team, too. They also make way more money than the men's team. They are fighting with USA Soccer because they get paid way less than the men's team. I think USA Soccer claims the women don't deserve higher pay because their husbands or Fathers are the real bread winners of their families and the members of the women's team will eventually need to take that expensive maternity leave.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Our women's team is better than the men's team, too. They also make way more money than the men's team. They are fighting with USA Soccer because they get paid way less than the men's team. I think USA Soccer claims the women don't deserve higher pay because their husbands or Fathers are the real bread winners of their families and the members of the women's team will eventually need to take that expensive maternity leave.
That is messed up if you're right. Sounds very fifties if you ask me.:confused:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
All the above should be referred to their last performance. :D For those not used to soccer, such a score is considered a good one in this part of the planet. In Europe it is a bit more common.

You know, Titanic legend aside, in emergencies you tend to loose your elegance. From the article:

Klinsmann tried to steady his players.

"You were trying to scream into the field, saying, 'Go at them. Go. Become physical. Just step on their toes,'" he recalled
If they did, it did not work.....:D