Soccer match

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ronv, Jun 23, 2016.

1. ronv

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    @Sinus23
    Congratulations on the big win!
    upload_2016-6-23_19-8-14.jpeg

atferrari, GopherT and Sinus23 like this.
  2. Sinus23

Sep 7, 2013
    Thanks Ron but it's not over 'til the fat lady sings I'm afraid;). However this is the furthest they have come on a big tournament like this so we as a nation are really proud of them.

But the funny thing is that our women's team has made it a bit further in football than the men. They've made it to the World cup which the men haven't. Yet...:)

3. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Our women's team is better than the men's team, too. They also make way more money than the men's team. They are fighting with USA Soccer because they get paid way less than the men's team. I think USA Soccer claims the women don't deserve higher pay because their husbands or Fathers are the real bread winners of their families and the members of the women's team will eventually need to take that expensive maternity leave.

Sinus23 likes this.
  4. Sinus23

Sep 7, 2013
    That is messed up if you're right. Sounds very fifties if you ask me.:confused:

5. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Because it's a "sissy" sport? :eek::p:D:rolleyes: Just a joke so no flaming needed:D

GopherT and Sinus23 like this.
  6. Sinus23

Sep 7, 2013
    Well compared to rugby the only thing that could make it harder(more manly) is rugby with guns, nukes and knives.:cool:

shortbus likes this.
  7. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    All the above should be referred to their last performance. :D For those not used to soccer, such a score is considered a good one in this part of the planet. In Europe it is a bit more common.

You know, Titanic legend aside, in emergencies you tend to loose your elegance. From the article:

If they did, it did not work.....:D