So why do they post?

Good thing I'm not moderating. Posts with subject titles that mean nothing (help, urgent, plz, and recently the username) would be in the bin.
Amen to that, besides the rules state this as well.

What about those of us that have 0 college classes...
I'm hesitant to post if i think i might have a possible solution, mainly because i know i don't have much experience and usually don't know the specifics, just general ideas... and don't want to risk misleading anyone or inserting foot in mouth
All help should be offered regard less.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is a judgment call. If they can't take the time to describe the problem in the title or describe their issue... There is one of me and many of them.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
and don't want to risk misleading anyone or inserting foot in mouth
I've found that keeping your feet clean makes having it your mouth a less unpleasant experience. This apples to all things, but especially posts.

The worse is when you are thinking of a different thread or IC or the typical "woolgathering" after reading through a bunch of threads... Then suggest something that has almost absolutely nothing to do with the thread you posted in. I think it's happened to most everybody here.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Just today I thought of another reason.

Non-English speaking countries may use a friend (or google) to translate their questions, since their prof will obviously be looking for them asking the same question on native-language electronics sites.

The "sneaky" ones post the question as an image so the prof can't google the fact they are asking for answers. I'm often tempted to run their image through OCR and post it to defeat that tactic.