So now china stole my idea

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Lots of my idea have been stolen. I have been want to write a book. MILLION Dollar Ideas. A book of ideas worth a million dollars.

And it's sequel, Million DOLLAR Ideas. A million ideas but all only worth a buck. :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
My mother claims to have had the scented garbage bag idea in the late 60's early 70's.
There has got to be a joke in there somewhere but never mind. :)

One I remember of mine was dirty tennis shoe strings. They sold them for a while here several years ago. It was one of my early ideas.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
No really she would tell us about it when we were kids and this was a full 10 years before the first scented trashbags showed up on shelves. Then around mid 90's they came out with prescented trashbags.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
It's happened to me too. Few years back I was looking into getting a few pieces of a Silicon Labs radio on a chip to experiment with. These are really cool chips that simple need an antenna, some by pass caps, and a serial data control to get AM, FM, short wave... really cool.

But there were no parts out in distribution. I was 100% sure of that as the net day the local sales rep gave me a call. I was completely honest with him, explaining I was looking for parts for purely personal use, but he was into planting seeds and actually got me a radio they gave out at trade shows. It was (and is) a really good radio too: I use it today as my emergency power out radio.

But he assured me they only sold to principle companies under legal agreements, and he was unable to get me any chips. Damn, dead end, I moved on.

Spin it a year or two forward and I learned Sparkfun opened a portal for anyone to design breakout boards for them to sell. I saw a win-win, I design this, they build it and sell it, and I profit. So I Googled the chip once more.

Right there on the first page of links was the Sparkfun breakout board: someone had my idea maybe 6 months before I did, and Sparkfun was already selling the breakout board I envisioned.

So I bought one. I still felt like a heel.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I was going to tease you, "Your mother sniffs trash bags" i.e. "Your mother wears army boots". :)
Your more then welcome I can't argue. My granny was certified insane. When she would want new clothes or night gown she would proceed to follow my grandpa around the neighbor hood naked complaining she needed clothers, and this was in the mid 50's. My mom would tell me stories of crazy granny. By the time I knew her she had become quarky but sane.