Snowstorm?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
It is Spring in my part of Canada. The trees have buds and there are green things popping up in my gardens. My solar garden lights glow longer each night.
The squirrels and birds are "doing it".
But it snowed yesterday and today it is still melting.

I went to the park the other day and flew my electric RC airplanes for the first time this Year. But none of my friends were there.
Retirement must be nice.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Retirement must be nice.
Yes.
I do whatever I want whenever I want.
Every day is a Saturday and the government sends me pension money.
My medications are free.
Most places give me a 10% seniors discount on everything I buy.
WOOPEE!

Last edited:

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I'm young enough that there might be time for things to turn around before I get old, but if they keep on the same track...
no pension for me.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I had a serious ache and pain 2 years ago with a heart attack but my wife quickly drove me to the local hospital, they medicated me immediately then I had an operation that inserted two stents (expandable metal meshes) into two of the four heart arteries that were blocked by Kentucky Fried Cholesterol and other junk foods. Now I am almost perfect.
I can excercise like most athletic guys less than half my age. The "warning call" and lessons and the exercise program at the hospital strengthened me and taught me to eat better (no more junk food). I never saw the heart attack coming except I complained to my doctor about a chest pain two months before it happened. My doctor wrongly said that my pain was not from my heart. My doctor was wrong. Now I expect to live for many more years.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
There should be a special forum only for nOObs. There they can ask their extremely simple questions about old circuits and about the simple very basics of electronics.
Then we can talk about complicated and modern circuits without being pestered by them.

I think our Homework forum is different. It simply has kids who skipped many classes demanding that we do their homework for them.

Heavydoody

Joined Jul 31, 2009
I think our Homework forum is different. It simply has kids who skipped many classes demanding that we do their homework for them.
As a student, I like working other peoples problems and (provided I can figure them out) explaining my solution. The explaining part really seems to make things stick so much better than lecture :) I just always worry about the accuracy of my solution...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I would spend my time building Tesla coils and whatnot.
Oh, I wish we could talk about Tesla coils here. I've made my share. I was not even in high school. I also do "what not," build model airplanes, dabble in electronics, and volunteer teach.

I used to work 60+ hours a week and was on call 24/7. I did that from 1972 until 2006. Never took nor wanted to take a vacation. Actually, after my first year of college, I never took a vacation. I spent the Summers in the lab. To me, a nice retirement would be working 2 days a week with no administrative responsibilities and no meetings. That's what volunteering gives me. Just wait, your time will come.

John