Smoking....

telewesty

Joined Dec 24, 2008
I ve stumbbled across a multiline message board But....>>>... I only got 4 small led's on in the corner.. i opend it up and it looks to me the main board is toast..( see pic ) ... it is a 7 x 5 dot matrix type 30 on each Line... . 5 Lines....the board has been smokin from 2 diodes on the board but unrecignizable now .... IS THERE a new unit i can buy for this item ... on each of the lines on the pi board it says DL 216 DISPLAY.... on the main board it says ( ship sm-1 d9143)....Plz help

Attachments

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The pictures are so fuzzy that you can not make out things.
Please make sharp crisp pictures.

Greetings,
Bertus

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Like Bertus says, it is impossible to see any details in the photographs you've posted.

You did not have enough light available when you took those pics. Also, it looks like you were too close to the board.

You will get the best results if you take the photos outside on an overcast day. If the sky is clear, try using a white bedsheet as a canopy to scatter the light. Direct sunlight is not good, as the reflections and harsh shadows will also make it impossible to see details.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
This forum maintains a strict "G" rating. Please correct the language in your post.

You still have a problem with the lighting, the distance between your camera and subject (too close) and in several photos, you moved the camera as you took the photo.

telewesty

Joined Dec 24, 2008
Ill have a better look when my mate gets hear he has abetter cam than me basically ive got 5 display units wot loop togrether with ribbon wire on 14 pin in/out plugs but main board gone

Napoleon

Joined Dec 21, 2008
Use Macro mode on your camera if it has that setting.
Most cameras do.

This allows you to take clear pictures up close (a few inches away) so that detail is clearly shown (component/board numbers etc...)