Smith and Wesson surging gun purchase

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes.

We have only to look at what happened in other countries to see what happens after the government disarms the honest citizens.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Agreed. There is a reason Right to Bear Arms is second only to Free Speech.

Governments should be afraid of their citizens, not the other way around.

This is extremely core to the American point of view.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Governments should be afraid of their citizens, not the other way around.
Good point.

But they get their will anyway. If not by force then by manipulating public opinion. That's the difference between "democracy" and dictatorship.

I hope it will never come to civil unrest in the US so that citizens actually need to make use of all the guns...

Maybe I should get myself a shotgun too... just in case ;)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I agree. Truthfully, no one expects US citizens to use their guns. But it is an excellent way of telling where your government is going. A government who does not trust their citizens bears watching.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I hope it will never come to civil unrest, too, but it is the possibility of civil unrest that makes the government cautious, and the government should be cautious! Knowing the people have the ability to resist is a much better deterrent to trampling their rights than knowing they are unable to resist.

My sister told me, "A population of sheep breeds a government of wolves."
(She probably got that from somebody smarter than her.)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
If a change to the second amendment would be made, then what does it help to have bought more guns?
Do people think they would refuse to hand over their guns if they were obliged by law to do so?
I would refuse. Everybody I know who has guns would also refuse. You can't America's guns away. I dare them to try. We are not Australia. We are not the UK.

from the Declaration of Independence of the United States:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-
This is not a dictatorship and we are not subjects. We choose to be under this government, and at any time we may choose to do away with it. It does appear to be evolving into a dictatorship though, so we need to act quickly. If they attack our second amendment, they can expect a healthy counter attack.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
http://info-wars.org/2012/03/10/smi...ases-on-back-of-fears-over-obama-re-election/

I suddenly feel less safe... :D

If a change to the second amendment would be made, then what does it help to have bought more guns?
Do people think they would refuse to hand over their guns if they were obliged by law to do so?
No most gun laws have a grandfather clause. Meaning they won't be able to buy them after a certain date. For instance the assualt rifle ban just banned the import of assualt rifles after 1985 or 95. Goto auctionarms.com and you will see the words (pre-ban) on any assualt rifle with a folding stock, barrel shorter then X inches, drum clips with high capacity. So yes if that state was to pass a ban I'd be running and buying a gun right now. Or if the feds started messing with the 2nd ammendment I'd go buy an unregistered AK out of the paper tomorrow and as much ammo as I could afford. Also keep in mind the majority of gun in the US are not registered and have been sold over and over again so theres almost no tracking. Like here in FL you can buy anything you want right out of the paper or flyer and since its a civi to civi deal no paperwork or anything is required. Just give em the cash and roll. I've bought russian AK's, Mossberg police issue 12 gauges, mini14's, etc.... Used to be good money flipping guns. Then they passed a law here saying if you sold more then 4 guns a year you had to get a license.

Funny thing is I hate guns. I only like old military rifles like Lee Enfields, M1 Carbines, M1 Garands, M14's. etc... I like bolt actions for some reason.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Depends on the way you look at it. If you try everything is political. While this thread does have political overtones I don't think it should be locked because were just dicussing a possible rule change, not I'm for X and I'm for Y. Its more of a what do you think of this thread?

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
... I hate guns. I only like old military rifles like Lee Enfields, M1 Carbines, M1 Garands, M14's. etc... I like bolt actions for some reason.
:p And, I hate women. I only like curvy blondes with blue eyes, voluptuous brunettes with dark brown eyes and long legged redheads with hazel green eyes.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I just state the fact that I think that every discussion that has as a subject the laws and them changing, can be characterized "political".

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
We choose to be under this government, and at any time we may choose to do away with it.
:) Are you sure you chose it? Maybe we choose the governement but we don't choose what they are doing.

Be prepared to take care of yourself in a period of unrest, the police can't protect you and your family as the poor innocent people in LA found out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmsKGhLdZuQ&feature=related
Holy s....

@Georacer. I got some answers. Thanks

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Oh I haven't had either in probably 8-10 years. Back in the day when they had gun shows here every week it was insane easy to buy guns from pawnshops, gunshow, paper, etc.. Then turn around and resell em the same way. Just had to know what you were looking at. I have been looking for a nice bolt action 77/10 ruger .22 and an authentic Russian AK 47 with a USSR armory stamp with milled reciever not stamped. There getting really hard to find.Back in the day they were easy as pie and I'm sure in the Middle east their still easy to get but since the ban the price has trippled and supply has dropped to 5% what it was 10 years ago. Hence now we have every country inthe world including the USA making modern and old AK's. Amazing gun. But nah sorry can't help you. I might be able to get you something here if I see it but since your in TX it probably just as easy to get it and the supply would be just as good.