smiler diodes for " SS14 -SCHOTTKY BARRIER RECTIFIER"

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
Just wondering what is a "smiler diode". Maybe just one with a smiley face sticker on it ?

Noun1.smiler - a person who smiles individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"

simperer - a smiler whose smile is silly and self-conscious and sometimes coy

smirker - a smiler whose smile is offensively self-satisfied
smiler - the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British) physiognomy, visage, kisser, phiz, countenance, mug
human head - the head of a human being

face, human face - the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear; "he washed his face"; "I wish I had seen the look on his face when he got the news"

pudding face, pudding-face - a large fat human face

colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech

Britain, Great Britain, U.K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I think he meant "similar"..
Not sure why he needs that as the SS14 are readily available but..

Here are a few
B140
MBRA140
STPS140A

Simply go to digikey.com and search for schottky diodes based on the SMA (DO-214AC) package/40V breakdown/1A and any other specs you need.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
In terms of rank speculation, 'smiler' could also be smaller. To answer that question we'd need to know more about the application

ranatungawk

Joined Oct 30, 2008
I think he meant "similar"..
Not sure why he needs that as the SS14 are readily available but..

Here are a few
B140
MBRA140
STPS140A

Simply go to digikey.com and search for schottky diodes based on the SMA (DO-214AC) package/40V breakdown/1A and any other specs you need.
=========

Thank a lot for the information !!!!:) i want to find a similar one :)