SMD LED and PCB

Bjork

Joined Dec 18, 2014
Hi all, I have a project which is my master thesis. I want to make a bottom of shelf luminaire. I should use SMD LED types like 3528,5050 etc, but i dont know which i use. I want to make low cost and high efficiency and low heat shink. I dont know calculations and programs for optical efficieny. Which PCB is suitable for me? Which SMD LED (must 4000K and White) has great lumen and low cost and low heat sink?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
First, if this is for your masters thesis you should post it in the homework help section.

What work have you done for this? What research have you done? Have you heard about the wonderful web sites such a "Google" or "Wikipedia"?

Did you think of visiting a home improvement center and purchasing an off the shelf luminaries they stock on their shelves to mount under a shelf?

You can buy one, take it home, take it apart, see how things are done, see the wonderful aluminum based PCB for heatsinking, and then carefully reassemble it and return it for a full credit.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to the forum, Bjork!
No reflection on you, but a sad reflection on the declining standards of education :(. When I were a lad (more than half a century ago), a project such as this would have been deemed suitable for high school students, not for a Masters thesis.
i dont know which i use
Check their datasheets and decide which are the most important parameters for this use.
Good luck with the project.