SMD 5PIN broke - what is it?

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
A little dangerous to apply just ANY voltage to the circuit.

You could start by applying 1.5V, then 3.3V then maybe higher to the trace where the output of the LDO is supposed to be.

Before buying a component that may or may not work or even damage the rest of the circuit.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
How do you know what the output voltage should be though? I'm not sure you even know it should be a regulator. Just because the device happens to fit the pads doesn't mean it'll do anything useful.

I was thinking the same.

If it's in series with the rest of the circuit and the input voltage can vary it's quite likely though that it's a fixed voltage regulator...

One would need to draw part of the circuit.

Krampi

Joined Mar 12, 2014
How do you know what the output voltage should be though? I'm not sure you even know it should be a regulator. Just because the device happens to fit the pads doesn't mean it'll do anything useful.
Hello Pwdixon,
i think it must be some voltage regulator, the pinning of the HT1015-1 fits, the homepage says this is for battery devices with very low current consumption.
I also think the output of 1.5 volt is not too much to operate 2 oscillation circuits .
So i just can hope the output is right - not too low and not too much.
Now i need to try to get an sample of the part ...Taiwan producer..hmm....
We´ll see.

Krampi

Joined Mar 12, 2014
I see the other post now.... I will try to operate open with an external power supply with 1.5 volt DC.
Hope nothing will happen if I operat without the silver iron cover that was mounted over the small PCB of the oszillation unit.
Thanks again