SMD 5PIN broke - what is it?

Krampi

Joined Mar 12, 2014
Hello together,

I have a broken hand-held transmitter from RUKU - SF 433-1 Mini/M, 433,920 - of a garage door opener. He is operating with 12V Battery. I tried to build the transmitter in my car and run it with 13.6 volt DC.

Then the small SMD part broke down.
Actually i found a lot of voltage regulators in the web, but they all have different pinnings and layouts.
I took some meassurements on the PCB of the transmitter and painted the wiring of my SMD part.

Something like a voltage regulator from 12V DC to ?? volt for the separate signal board which produce the 433.920 MHz signal.

Does anyone can give a tip?

Kind regards,

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
It could be a regulator but it could also be something else. Can you read any lettering on the part itself or was there anything on the pcb silk screen?

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
If we assume it to be a linear voltage regulator it will be helpful to know its output voltage. What is connected to its output? Some encoder IC maybe? What's the voltage rating of any IC connected to it?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I don't think that is the one, since the one on the photo still has 4 pins and one missing, so if it was the thick pin that got lost of the BFG10X then there would be only three pins left.

Krampi

Joined Mar 12, 2014
The name was like on the picture - X for destroyed letter and then M or N with 71. On the PCB there is nothing to read.
The output goes to some transistors, resistors, trimmer . No IC logic on the small board. 2 quartzes are also on the board.

I think its difficult to find out the operating voltage of the " quartz pcb ".

I attached a picture of it - maybe it helps?

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I went through nearly all linear voltage regulators on digikey with a SOT23-5 package. there is none with this pinout. All have VIN on pin 1.

So maybe it's not a voltage regulator but some sort of transistor.

Can you take a high resolution picture of the PCB?

Krampi

Joined Mar 12, 2014
Thanks for your ideas, but it has 5 pins - one is missing :-( - and the rest of the 4 you can see on picture.
But all datasheets of voltage regulators have different pinnings the don´t match - but what it should be instead of?

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Thanks for your ideas, but it has 5 pins - one is missing :-( - and the rest of the 4 you can see on picture.
But all datasheets of voltage regulators have different pinnings the don´t match - but what it should be instead of?
You can have transistors or Opamps or comparators or diodes in SOT23-5 packages.... Need to do more reverse engineering.

Is this a single layer or double layer PCB?

Krampi

Joined Mar 12, 2014
It is also a part that dont work with 13.6 maybe up to 14.00 volt DC ( from my car ) instead of the 12.2 vold dc of battery. Maybe a hint for the datasheets of the critical input voltage of more then 12.2 volt
It seems to minimum double - could also be possible to be 3 or 4 layer.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Looks indeed like a voltage regulator, we see input and output ceramic caps.

I did search for regulators up to 12V...

Maybe we start with the SIK434, 4-pin component?

If this is all Asian components it can get difficult though.

Krampi

Joined Mar 12, 2014
Hello praondevou,

the one you posted looks good. Make sense the n.c. pins just for the better fix to solder with plus and minus.
I will try to buy one of these HT1015-1 and will report my success.

The package is SOT 23-5 and the circled one on the picture seems to be not burned. Sensational what you guys all notice :) It has 22.2 KOhm if you measure on PCB.

Thanks you all for your help.

Next days im in China - so i can take 2 weeks to post again :)
Cu

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
Hello praondevou,

the one you posted looks good. Make sense the n.c. pins just for the better fix to solder with plus and minus.
I will try to buy one of these HT1015-1 and will report my success.

The package is SOT 23-5 and the circled one on the picture seems to be not burned. Sensational what you guys all notice :) It has 22.2 KOhm if you measure on PCB.

Thanks you all for your help.

Next days im in China - so i can take 2 weeks to post again :)
Cu
How do you know what the output voltage should be though? I'm not sure you even know it should be a regulator. Just because the device happens to fit the pads doesn't mean it'll do anything useful.