smart home

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by sasek, Mar 21, 2010.

1. sasek

Thread Starter Member

Jan 3, 2010
    I want create a system that can control brightness of lamp. I want create a smart home system where the brightness of the house i.e hall will maintain, here i plan to use PIC so i can control the whole house in one center. Could anyone help me.....any others ideas???? :D

2. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Are you trying to build this on your own, or do you want an off the shelf solution?

3. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

I am using the same thing as Alberto, X-10 modules, they have appliance controller, Lamp controllers (with dimmers), etc. Including wireless door and window sensors, along with motion sensors.... with the PC software you can create different lighting patterns and be able to automatically turn lights on or off, even when you are not home.

If you really wanted to control everything with a pic, you can "hack" their interface module which uses RS232 connection, to interface to the PIC to control all the units your self, (Or save time and money and just use what they have...)

B. Morse

4. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

Great minds think alike, and so do ours :D

B. Morse

5. sasek

Thread Starter Member

Jan 3, 2010
    I want build smart home by my own, but here i want control the brightness of the lamp so the light at the hall will still maintain ( not so low n so high in intensity).......could i do it??