Small solid state latch relay

sstbrg

Joined Nov 29, 2008
Hello,
I'm looking for a small solid state latch relay.
I searched online and could find only big components which suit high power applications, however my need is only to drive an output to GND or high-z and make sure the output remains in its last state. There's no high currents or high voltages in the circuit.

Thanks for any help

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Why can't you use a transistor or optocoupler?

Also high voltage/high current is useless without a number. You might consider 480V to be low voltage. I might consider 600 Amps to be low current

sstbrg

Joined Nov 29, 2008
Sorry for the confusion guys, but I've said that I need to drive the output to high-z or ground - i.e. practically no current going in or out.

The maximum voltage I have on my board is 3.3v.

strantor, yes, PCB mount.

mcgyvr, is there a special type of transistors or optocouplers which can 'remember' their previous state without voltage applied? I want to drive an output to, say high-z or ground, turn the volage off and the output should remain at high-z or gorund (0v) until I say otherwise.

My current plan is actually to use an optocouplers as the output drivers and a Flash memory (which is on the board anyhow), and make the CPU 'recall' the previous state of the drivers (high-z or ground, as I said) from the flash memory upon power-up. Thing is, that still no matter what I'll have to drive those outputs to ground or high-z during power-up, and I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks for the help!