Small question about source transformation

SUN SHINE

Joined Jan 6, 2017
I am do a source transformation example but the way that i used is different from the teacher's one
i am trying to convert the current source and resistor 4ohm that is Surrounded by red line
which photo is true and whyyyyy?
photo one or photo two

i mean i have general question is how to arrange the elements after source transformation????

Attachments

baby_2

Joined Jan 6, 2017
Hello
In Series elements with the same current , you can change their position without any concern.it means both pictures one and two are correct.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Yeah they all look right. It does not matter how you arrange the series elements, at least not to the rest of the circuit. That means the central node of the transformed series elements does not matter, or at least has no physical significance to the original circuit. Of course it does not need to have significance either.

SUN SHINE

Joined Jan 6, 2017
thanks
if i we have a current source in the middle how should we turn it after converting to voltage source
like in the last photo

Attachments

SUN SHINE

Joined Jan 6, 2017
thanks upload_2017-1-7_21-26-41.png
if i we have a current source in the middle how should we turn it after converting to voltage source
like in the last photo (to the write or to the left

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
thanks View attachment 118220
Your current source has an arrow that points up. This means that current will leave the source going up.

When we look at a battery, we ASSUME that the current will leave battery from the positive terminal.

When you transform current source to voltage source (battery). You will have voltage source in series with a resistor. Since your original current source has current leaving from the top, your voltage source will also have current leaving from the top, which means that the top will be positive terminal of the voltage source.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
thanks View attachment 118220

Hi,

Another rule is that in a parallel circuit, the voltage is the "same all over", which means we can rearrange parallel elements without changing anything. See the attachment drawing where i moved the current source to the right of the resistors, then see if you can figure it out from there. Of course the two parallel resistors can be made one resistor by combining them.ParallelElements-1.gif