Small display for numbers

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by pjreijiri, Sep 28, 2016.

1. pjreijiri

Thread Starter Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Hello everyone,

I have a project I am working on and I want to add something similar to what is in the picture.
    I need the numbers to change, the graphic doesn't have to (I can make a cutout and put an LED behind in)
    Any idea which screens I can use?
    I was looking around and saw the TFT. They are nice but might be a bit more complicated than what I need (especially since I never worked with screens before)
    Anyone has different ideas?

Regards,
    Patrick

2. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Just curious... What are you using to drive the display? And how big is it?

I'd use a graphical LCD, like this one from Sparkfun. Presented for information only.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10168

3. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
  4. pjreijiri

Thread Starter Member

Aug 19, 2015
    I have note picked a controller yet. But most probably I will have to work with PIC microcontrollers. Is that possible?

5. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    Yes.

6. pjreijiri

Thread Starter Member

Aug 19, 2015
    any examples to start from?

7. AlbertHall

Jun 4, 2014
    Different displays have different requirements. Graphic displays need more resources from the uC than text only displays. You need to choose a suitable display then look for code for driving it.
    I have a 320x240 pixel graphic display being driven by a 20 pin PIC (PIC18F14K22) so there is no problem there.

8. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    I'm sure there are examples for the PIC if you look for them. There are also easy to use Arduino libraries for these displays available from Adafruit in the link I posted.