six PWM signals using pic..possible or not??

ayu_ayfa

Joined Sep 26, 2011
Hello guys,

i am currently working on my project..i need to generate six pwm signals using pic..i am very desired to use pic18f4550 because i am not familiar with any other pic..but as we know this pic only can produce 2 pwm signals..so, is it possible if we generate six pwm signals using this pic?

Any help from any of you is much appreciated..

Thank you..=)

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Take a look at the 18F4431. It is a step ahead of common micros in the 18F family because has an extra module for "power control".

This not to say that it is the only one.

Last edited:

ayu_ayfa

Joined Sep 26, 2011
Thank for the responses from all of you.But i've checked for pic18f4431.it just have two pwm channel.i didn't understand how could it possible to produce 6 pwm signals. Can you explain me more details please?

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
It's pretty trivial to make a PIC, even a small one, run as many PWM channels as you have output pins to drive them. All you have to do is write code that counts up to a total (say 100) and decide whether a given setting for each channel has or hasn't been reached, and turn the output off at the right point. That's all PWM is.

ayu_ayfa

Joined Sep 26, 2011
atferrari,
i got it!!..big thanks to you..i was mistaken view of another datasheet..hehe;)..any questions i will post again here..:D..my project deadline is almost soon!!aigooo~