Site died last night

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Wendy, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    Around 1:00AM it started getting flaky, not coming back or coming back very slowly. I gave up on it around 1:15AM, when it came back with "Internal Server Error".

To me it looked like a DOS attack, but I have no way to be sure.

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Bill,

I wonder if that was the site's way of telling you to get some rest.

hgmjr

3. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    Maybe, but I had slept around 4 hours, knowing I was going back to bed. When I first joined I told Dave I liked it here, I wasn't joking.

Not to be maudlin, but I've lost track of most of my friends I used to talk electronics with (some have died, others moved). I've always been enthusiastic on the subject, and I could feel my skills rusting away. I know I'm not the best out there, but it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things if you enjoy it.

If the job market improves much I'll have this site to thank for still having the skills to apply. At 50+ you have to be good to have a chance to get in the door.

The way the site died was very odd, intermittent at first, then a hard crash. Just wanted to make sure jrap knew.

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

That kind of reaction happens every morning here.
    Between 8.00 and 8.20 in the morning (GMT+1) the backup is made.
    During that time the site is hardly reachable.
    The internal server errors come at the end of this period.

Greetings,
    bertus

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Bill,

I know I speak for the mod/admin and I believe I speak for a large segment of our membership when I express my appreciation for the dedication by you and members such as yourself for the efforts expended in support of the forum.

Thank You One and All,
    hgmjr

6. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello Bill,

I completely agree with hgmjr
    You are a great member of this forum.

Greetings,
    Bertus

7. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Thats right. You are a great member to the forum. For dogs sake, who else could make a 555 flip-flop? And then wear them to the beach! ;)

Your articles/blogs/cookbook/posts have helped thousands.

Keep it up, and keep on doing what your doing. (Except for the IC burn marks on your fingers)