Site copying forum posts

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The guy posting joined the site in June 2010 and has 93,000+ posts.

It seems the whole site is a collection of other sites material.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It does look that way. The bot is an entity of the name on DownGator of "Free Man". It may be some cheesy way to pump up their forum stats. The threads Free Man has started are in a software section, but none appear to be concerned with any software issues.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Feel free to edit my post so they don't get a free link from here. Maybe it's just an ad scam, trying to get a few dollars from google or whoever.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Most of it seems to be the first post only, with a couple of exceptions.

It looks like the kind of site you might eventually infected with a Trojan. Don't think I'll go there again, let alone register.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
The internet is littered with these kind of sites. It feeds off a shortfall in the Google ranking system, where authentic forum content is given a relatively high wieghting.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I think it is few folks who think they can either jumpstart their forum, or cheat AdSense or some other pay-per-impression ad-revenue based system.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
This looks to be a major failing in Google. I can't see how they can monitor sites very effectively, but there also seems to be no mechanism to report outrageous sites like downgtor.com. The page below is the one displayed when you hit the Contact Us button on Google:

Contact Us

Find on this site:

Thanks for your interest in Google.

Help with Google Services

You can find up-to-date info for all of our services – from Google Web Search and Gmail to Google AdWords and Google AdSense – by visiting the Google Help page. From there, you can navigate to a specific service's help pages and browse through hundreds of commonly asked questions, find answers in a help group, or send us your comments and suggestions.
Note: If you'd like to remove content from Google's Web Search or Image Search results, please visit our webpage removal request tool.
Specific Inquiries

Webmaster InfoValuable resource for those responsible for web pages. • We're HiringSearch or browse our job openings. • AdvertisingSubmit specific questions for AdWords or AdSense. • Business SolutionsEarn more revenue from your site, make corporate search easier. • Enterprise SolutionsSubmit your information request for enterprise solutions. • Business ProposalsSubmit your business proposal to us. • Google PermissionsView our trademark guidelines and trademark complaint procedure. • Security IssuesReport a security issue related to Google's services or systems. • Press CenterPress releases, articles, achievements, requests for speakers, and more. • Sponsorship SupportRead our guidelines for sponsoring groups and causes. Our Address

Our headquarters are located in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +1 650-253-0000
Fax: +1 650-253-0001

View all of our locations on the Google Offices page.

Not really interested in problems like this from the categories available.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I think I would click on share success. After all, this guy is pretty successful.
Im with you Bill.

Why dont we click on share success and see if Google Co. will share some of their funding with us.

We need R&D funding for an important new hobbyist tool that we is/are inventing... You dig?