Sink to Source Power Inverter with LM339P

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by blarg, Apr 27, 2013.

1. blarg

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I have a device that connects via a four conductor mini rca jack a collection of LEDs used for pulsing of light into the eyes.

That output I believe is 5V, probably less than 50mA total. But the problem is all of the LEDs share the same common anode power rail, with the pulsing of LEDs being sunk from the microcontroller pins in the device instead of having those pins source power.

So I need to take this shared anode power rail and invert it to a conventional sourced power circuit. I am looking at the LM339P as an opion for that with its open collector interfacing ,but I can't seem to get anything to work as of yet. I need a conventional sourced power arrangement for interfacing with external light devices that have higher output power.

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    I don't understand what you are wanting to do, and what is wrong with the existing circuit.

3. blarg

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 12, 2012
    This existing circuit will drive three (3) LEDs using a shared anode power rail in a sink current configuration. I need to invert the circuit into a standard source current configuration, for interfacing with buck boost drivers (higher output LEDs for fiber optic injection). Buck boost drivers or MOSFETs require TTL in, and expect a standard +/- input for the LED drivers.

4. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    I understand what you currently have, but I don't understand what you are trying to do. Apparently, neither does anyone else.
    I am not aware of "a standard source current configuration".
    You need to post a block diagram.