Single supply opamps?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by worldHello, Nov 11, 2014.

1. worldHello

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Any suggestions on single supply op amps? I really really need those at the moment. I bought two different op amps ( I thought they are single supply based on my google search), and they are not single supply.

suggestions please? Perhaps give me a website that sells it?

Thank you,

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

You might want to read the attached PDF.

Bertus

3. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Note that there are single-supply amps that are not rail-rail input and output (the single supply amps generally only go to the negative rail). Do you need rail-rail operation?

4. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    What are your purpose, application, or schematic?

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    All op-amps are single supply. They don't care whether there is an arbitrary voltage reference in between the power rails.

6. BobTPH

Jun 5, 2013
    Wayne,

That is my usual line. You won't believe the arguments you will get.

The only difference between ordinary opamps, "single-supply" opamps, and rail-to-rail opamps is how close the inputs and outputs can be to the + and - rails.

Bob

7. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Exactly. IF there was a way to source and sink power to 3 rails, that might be a "dual" supply, but I've never seen such a thing. Certainly not a typical op-amp.

8. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

The opamps for everyone PDF has a table for single supply opamps on the end:

[​IMG]

Bertus

9. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Add to that; you need enough headroom to divide the supply into two halves and still exceed Vcc-min.

If there's a spare op-amp left over in the package - some people use it up to buffer the voltage divider.